Town of Newburgh Clerk-Treasurer
Jon E. Lybarger
By Indiana Code IC 36-5-6-6 (a), the Town Clerk-Treasurer is charged with the following duties:
- Receive and care for all town money and pay the money out only on order of the town legislative body.
- Keep accounts showing when and from what sources the clerk-treasurer has received town money and when and to whom the clerk-treasurer has paid out town money.
- Prescribe payroll and account forms for all town offices.
- Prescribe the manner in which creditors, officers, and employees shall be paid.
- Manage the finances and accounts of the town and make investments of town money.
- Prepare for the legislative body the budget estimates of miscellaneous revenue, financial statements, and the proposed tax rate.
- Maintain custody of the town seal and the records of the legislative body.
- Issue all licenses authorized by statute and collect the fees fixed by ordinance.
- Serve as clerk of the legislative body by attending its meetings and recording its proceedings.
- Administer oaths, take depositions, and take acknowledgment of instruments that are required by statute to be acknowledged, without charging a fee.
- Serve as clerk of the town court under IC 33-10.1-6-2, if the judge of the court does not serve as clerk of the court or appoint a clerk of the court under IC 33-10.1-6-1.1.
- Perform all other duties prescribed by statute.