Forms and Applications
- Building Code adopted December 6, 1988
- Contractor Listing Ordinance adopted March 22, 2006
- Demolition by Neglect Ordinance adopted June 28, 2006
- Permit Fee Ordinance adopted January 25, 2012
- PUD Ordinance adopted August 10, 2005
- Riverfront Redevelopment District adopted February 10, 2010
- Riverfront Redevelopment District adopted June 8, 2011
- Riverfront Redevelopment District 2011 Map
- Sign Ordinance adopted August 9, 2006
- Subdivision Ordinance adopted July 1997
- Town of Newburgh Zoning Ordinance adopted January 22, 1997. Title 13, Chapter 130 Newburgh Code of Ordinances
- Zoning Map updated 2016
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments adopted October 8, 2003
Newburgh Plan Commission
For the purposes of the Zoning Ordinance, the Plan Commission shall have the following duties:
- Initiate proposed amendments to the Ordinance.
- Review all proposed amendments to the Ordinance and make recommendations to the Town Council.
- Review and make finding on development plans for subdivisions, commercial structures, planned unit developments, and other similar plans for all proposed developments within the Commission's jurisdiction.
- Render interpretations of the Ordinance as may be necessary from time to time.
- Initiate and/or perform other planning functions and perform studies as may be deemed appropriate.
- Hire or retain a planning and zoning administrator, with the approval of the Town Council, to be the enforcement agent of the Ordinance at the direction of the Commission.
- Appoint various advisory bodies on matters pertaining to the enforcement of the Ordinance with the approval of the Town Council.
- Take appropriate actions to insure compliance with the Ordinance, including reviewing decisions of the Zoning Administrator when requested.
Land Use Commissioner - Liaison:
2011 Town of Newburgh Revitalization Action Plan