Town of Newburgh Indiana, Est. 1803 - National Register of Historic Places, National Main Street Community, Ohio River Scenic Byway  




Veterans Monument



Newburgh Veterans Monument

On the 11th month, the 11th day, and at the 11th hour of 2006, the Newburgh Town Council, with participation by members of the American Legion Kapperman Post #44 and the citizens of the Town, dedicated Veterans Park in Newburgh at the northern edge of Town at the corner of State Street and Bell Road.

On July 26, 2008, the Newburgh Veterans Monument was dedicated to honor all veterans - past, present, future. The monument was designed by David Hynes of Commonwealth Engineers, Inc. and constructed by Republic Companies, Inc. (Bruce Biggerstaff, Jr.).

Bricks are available for purchase in support of this project. Brick order forms are available here or at Town Hall, 23 W. Jennings Street.

Committee Members:
Mike Brady
Eric Ellsperman
Ken Hughes
Byron Sherman
Shari Sherman
Harry Thompson